- Winner, American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine O'Donoghue Award, 2014, "Revision Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction Graft Choice Impact on Outcome in the MARS Cohort"
- Winner, Best Poster Award at the VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System Annual Research Day, May, 2009: Eagan, M, Bluth, B, Urdaneta, A, Zhao, K, Zuk, P, Wu, B, McAllister, D: “Gene Expression in Mouse Bone Marrow Stromal Cells Stimulated with GDF-5.
- Reviewer of the year, 2005, The Journal of Knee Surgery
- Best Poster, Adult Knee at the 51st annual ORS meeting: Markolf K, Feeley B, Tejwani S, Martin D, and McAllister D: Where should the femoral tunnel of a PCL graft reconstruction be placed to best restore AP laxity and ligament forces? Presented at the 72nd Annual AAOS meeting, Washington, D.C., February, 2005.
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine European Exchange Sports Medicine Traveling Fellowship, 2004
- First Place, Best E-Poster: Knee Ligament/Patella “Reconstruction of the ACL-PCL Deficient Knee: A Biomechanical Study of Graft Pretension and Knee Laxity”, Presented at the 4th Biennial ISAKOS Congress, March, 2003, Aukland, New Zealand
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine Excellence in Research Award, 2001.
“A Biomechanical Comparison of Tibial Inlay vs. Tibial Tunnel Posterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction Techniques: Graft Pretension and Knee Laxity”
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation Clinical Fellow Research Award, 1998
“A Biomechanical Comparison of PCL Reconstruction Techniques”
- University of California, Irvine Department of Orthopaedic Surgery Senior Resident
Research Award, 1997, “Skeletal Muscle Recovery After Botulinum Toxin Injection”
- American Orthopedic Association-Zimmer Resident Research Travel Award, 1996
“The Effects of Botulinum Toxin on Skeletal Muscle During Limb Lengthening”
- Visiting Professor, The Asociación Argentina de Traumatología del Deporte (AATD) Congress, Bueonos Aires, Argentina, April 17-19, 2013
- Visiting Professor, Steadman Philippon Sports Medicine Fellowship Program, Vail, Colorado, March 18, 2013
- Visiting Professor, University of Texas, Dallas-Southwestern Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, January 10, 2013.
- Visiting Professor, 14th Brazilian Congress of Knee Surgery, Praia do Forte, Bahia State, Brazil, March 29-31, 2012
- Visiting Professor, DMC Detroit Sports Medicine Institute, June 22, 2011
- Visiting Professor, Sociedad Colombiana de Cirugía Ortopédica y Traumatología (SCCOT), Cartagena, Colombia, May 12-14, 2011
- Visiting Professor and Keynote Speaker, Fowler Fellows Orthopaedic Society Meeting, March 23-26, 2011, Santa Barbara, California.
- Visiting Professor, The Ohio State University Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, September 11-12, 2009
- Visiting Professor, The Ohio State University Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, September 11-12, 2009.
- Visiting Professor, The 1st Annual Aspetar Arabian Gulf Sports Medicine Meeting November 12-13, 2008, Doha, Qatar.
- Visiting Professor, John A. Feagin Jr. Sports Medicine Fellowship at West Point Keller Army Community Hospital, United States Military Academy, West Point, New York, November 10, 2007.
- Visiting Professor, III International Congress of Polish Sport Traumatology Society, Warsaw, Poland, September 21-22, 2007.
- Visiting Lecturer, UC Irvine Department of Orthopaedic Surgery Grand Rounds, September 22, 2005.
- Visiting Lecturer, Centre De La Croix Rousse, Lyon, France, May 3, 2004.
- Visiting Lecturer, Bruderholz Hospital, Basel, Switzerland, April 30, 2004.
- Visiting Lecturer, University Hospital for Traumatology and Sports Medicine, Innsbruck, Austria, April 28, 2004.
- Visiting Lecturer, University of Saarland, Homburg/Saar, Germany, April 25, 2004.
- Visiting Lecturer, Ghent University Hospital, Gent, Belgium, April 22, 2004.
- Visiting Lecturer, Karolinska Institut, Stockholm, Sweden, April 20-21, 2004 .
- Visiting Lecturer, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway, April 16, 2004.
- Visiting Lecturer, Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre, Oxford, UK, April 15, 2004.
- Visiting Lecturer, Imperial College London University, UK, April 14, 2004.
- Visiting Lecturer, Wellington Hospital, Knee Unit, London, UK, April 14, 2004.
- Visiting Lecturer, USC Department of Orthopaedic Surgery Grand Rounds, June 7, 2002.
- Visiting Lecturer, UC Irvine Department of Orthopaedic Surgery Grand Rounds, October 18, 2001.
- Exchange Lecturer at the National Athletic Trainers Association Annual Meeting, June 22, 2001.
- Visiting Lecturer, UC Irvine Department of Orthopaedic Surgery Grand Rounds, November 11, 1999.
- Visiting Lecturer, Turkish Society of Sports Traumatology, Sports Injuries Days VII-, November 6, 1998.